Beginning with the class of 2019, D214 students will be eligible to earn up to two years of tuition free college attendance at Harper College.
Harper Promise - Explanation (Spanish) (Polish) For a detailed explanation of the program, including eligibility requirements, visit the Harper Promise site by clicking here.
All freshmen are encouraged to sign up for the Harper Promise for two simple reasons:
- By signing up, students will have the option to attend two years of Harper College tuition free, an option that they can later choose whether or not to accept.
- Meeting or exceeding the minimum eligibility requirements will help students no matter what they choose to do after high school and make it easier to attract other scholarships.
Registration and Recommitment
Freshman may register in ONE of the following ways:
- Online during the general registration process in Infinite Campus by clicking the “enroll” box
- Completing the paper Harper Promise Program Application and returning it to the College and Career Center (CCC) on or before December 15, 2018.
Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors must recommit each year:
- Student must recommit via a survey in Infinite Campus before 09/14/18.
Community Service Tracker
- Instructions NEW COMMUNITY SERVICE TRACKER AVAILABLE JANUARY 14
- Students are encouraged to enter hours throughout the year as they earn them. All hours must be entered before Friday, July 19, 2019.
- Required Community Service Hours:
- Class of 2021: 5 hours (must earn during 2nd semester)
- Class of 2020: 10 hours (earned from July 21, 2018 - July 19, 2019
- Class of 2019: 15 hours (earned from July 21, 2018 - July 19, 2019
- Looking for a way to earn hours? Consider visiting www.volunteermatch.org.
- Students will be notified in August 2018 whether they met the criteria to continue in the program. Students dropped from the program may appeal if they did not meet criteria because of extraordinary circumstances.
- Click HERE to access the Harper webpage containing the appeal form that must be submitted by September 15, 2018.
For other information or questions, including service hours and attendance, contact Felicia Walter at (847) 718-7734 or email@example.com.