Students have the opportunity to take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery test and release their scores to military recruiters. Parents who wish to prevent release of this student information should indicate this at the time of on-line registration.
ASVAB helps students to:
- Identify interests, skills, and work related values
- Match their interests and skills with occupations
- Assess their fitness for military service after graduation
- Develop career decision-making skills
ASVAB Testing Details:
Target Population: The ASVAB test is generally taken by 11th and 12th grade students who wish to investigate more specific careers. The ASVAB is sponsored by the Armed Services.
Test Date: Mid November
Register for the ASVAB in the Assessment Center at your high school.
District 214 does release the ASVAB scores to military recruiters. Any parent/guardian who wishes such information not be released should contact the student services department per district policy. The scores of students for whom such a request has been submitted will not be provided to military recruiters.
For more information, pick up an ASVAB Student & Parent Guide in the Assessment Center.
Questions? Call the toll-free number of the U.S. Military Entrance Processing Command: 1-800-323-0513.
Forest View Educational Center
2121 S. Goebbert Road, Arlington Heights
Room 328 Enter Door # 4
Students must provide their own transportation to FVEC.
In the Assessment Center (Room 106 C in the KLC) by Thursday, November 7, 2019.
Participating sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- should arrive at Forest View Educational Center at 8:15 a.m. for the test to begin promptly at 8:30 a.m.
- should enter the building through Door #4 from the north parking lot
- will be excused through 6th period
- are expected to provide their own transportation to and from the test
More information about ASVAB: http://www.studyguidezone.com/asvabtest.htm
ASVAB Sample Test Questions
Copies of the ASVAB Student & Parent Guide are available in the Assessment Center, Room 143.
Questions? Call the toll-free number of the U.S. Military Entrance Processing Command: (800) 323-0513.