On-line registration begins February 14 and ends March 14th.
(Please go to Prospect's web page on the LEFT hand side of the page above Featured News is the AP Registration button.)
The fee is $89 per exam.
There will be a $50 late fee for registrations after March 14th!.
The exam dates are May 5 - 16, 2014.
Test Accommodations: Students with documented disabilities (IEP or 504 plans) may be eligible for accommodations on AP Exams.
In order to use accommodations on AP Exams, the student must request and be approved by College Board Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD).
Make sure your student is approved for test accommodations from College Board. Contact Mrs. Sokolik by February 8th at firstname.lastname@example.org or (847) 718-5413 for more information.
Test Dates and Times:
1. Morning tests will start at 7:30 am. Afternoon tests will start at 12:00 pm.
2. Students will NOT be permitted to leave a test for any reason (including work, athletics or activities).
3. It is the responsibility of the student to notify coaches, sponsors, or supervisors of the testing schedule.
Testing Locations: Advanced Placement (AP) Exams for Prospect students enrolled in Prospect AP courses will be administered at Prospect High School.
Prospect students not enrolled in AP courses at Prospect may still register for AP Exams.
These exams may be administered at an offsite location (Forest View Educational Center or another high school) and Prospect will not provide transportation.
Parent Permission for Testing and Transportation:
The parent/guardian acceptance on the Registration Form will be considered permission for your student to take Advanced Placement Exams
and acknowledges that your student will provide his/her own transportation to the testing locations.
Specific dates, times and locations of AP Exams will be provided through AP classes and will be posted outside the Assessment Center,
Room 143, by April 24, 2014.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Janice Sokolik at email@example.com or (847) 718-5413 OR
Mrs. Mosey Seul at firstname.lastname@example.org or (847) 718-5414
ALL AP classes that are offered at Prospect High School will be administered at PROSPECT HIGH SCHOOL.
Note: Students will need to set up an account to receive their AP scores online, go to www.collegeboard.org/ap-scores.html
Morning tests will start at 7:30 am. Afternoon tests will start at 12:00 pm.
Monday, May 6
2014 - AP exams will be administered on the following dates:
Chemistry - Morning Calculator policy go to apstudent.collegeboard.org/apcourse/ap-chemistry/calculators-and-commonly-used-equations
Environmental Science - Morning
Psychology - Afternoon
Tuesday, May 7
Computer Science A - Morning
Spanish Language - Morning
Art History - Afternoon
Wednesday, May 8
Calculus AB - Morning Calculator policy go to apstudent.collegeboard.org/apcourse/ap-calculus-ab/calculator-policy
Calculus BC - Morning Calculator policy go to apstudent.collegeboard.org/apcourse/ap-calculus-bc/calculator-policy
Chinese Language - Afternoon
Thursday, May 9
English Lit & Composition - Morning
Friday, May 10
English Language and Composition - Morning
Statistics - Afternoon Calculator policy go to apstudent.collegeboard.org/apcourse/ap-statistics/calculator-policy
Monday, May 13
Biology - Morning Calculator policy go to apstudent.collegeboard.org/apcourse/ap-biology/calculator-policy
Music Theory - Morning Note: This is at Wheeling High School
Pysics B - 12:00 Noon Calculator policy go to apstudent.collegeboard.org/apcourse/ap-physics-b/calculator-and-table-policies
Physics C: Mechanics - 12:00 Noon Calculator policy go to apstudent.collegeboard.org/apcourse/ap-physics-c-mechanics/calculator-and-table-policies
Physics C: Electricity & Magnetism - 2:00 PM Calculator policy go to apstudent.collegeboard.org/apcourse/ap-physics-c-electricity-and-magnetism/exam-policies
Tuesday, May 14
United States Government and Politics - Morning
Human Geography - Afternoon
French Language and Culture - Afternoon
Wednesday, May 15
United States History - Morning
European History - Afternoon
Thursday, May 16
Macroeconomics - Morning
World History - Morning
Microeconomics - Afternoon
Italian Language and Culture - Afternoon
Friday, May 17
Comparative Government and Politics - Morning
What AP Students Should Bring to AP Exams:
Please BRING to the AP Exam:
· Prospect Student ID!
· Bring your AP STUDENT PACK to EVERY AP Exam you take.
AP Student Packs will be distributed at the first AP Exam you take.
· Several sharpened No. 2 wood pencils (with good erasers) for completing
multiple-choice answer sheets.
· Pens with black or dark blue ink for completing areas on the Exam booklet
covers and for free-response questions on most exams.
· A watch (without an alarm) in case the exam room does not have a clock
that can be easily seen.
· Up to two calculators with the necessary capabilities. Please consult www.collegeboard.com/ap/calculators for a list of approved graphing calculators.
· A ruler or straightedge if taking an AP Physics Exam.
· A sweater/sweatshirt in case the testing room is cool.
What AP Students Should NOT Bring to AP Exams
DO NOT Bring to AP Exams:
· CELL PHONES, personal digital assistants (PDAs), BlackBerry smartphones,
Phones or iPods, Bluetooth-enabled devices, MP3 players or any other electronic
or communication devices, including watches with alarms that beep or
make any sound.
· Backpacks, duffle bags, purses or other large bags.
· Mechanical pencils. They DO NOT scan the same way as wood pencils, even
if their packaging says that they do!
· Books, compasses, correction fluid, notes, or dictionaries.
· Rulers or straightedges (except for AP Physics Exam).
· Scratch paper.
· Computers (unless approved by College Board).
· calculators (except as previously noted).
· Reference guides, keyboard maps, or other typing instructions.
· Watches that beep or have an alarm.
· Portable listening or recording devices – even with headphones –
or photographic equipment.
· Food or drink – even water – unless approved by College Board.
· Clothing with subject related information.
AP Home Page
: See your counselor for the forms required if you are entitled to accommodations.